Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tiger Woods back in action after Achilles tendon injury


Tiger Woods made a successful return from injury at the two-day Tavistock Cup team event in Florida.
The 36-year-old 14-time major champion withdrew from the final round of the WGC-Cadillac Championship on 11 March with an Achilles tendon injury.
But the former world number one joined Justin Rose in a nine-under-par 63 better-ball round for Team Albany at Lake Nona in Orlando, Florida.
The event concludes on Tuesday with a singles stroke-play format.

The Albany team, the defending champions, finished the opening day in third place on 23 under, behind Isleworth at 26-under and hosts Lake Nona two shots further back.
Woods will play at the Bay Hill Invitational event starting on Thursday ahead of the first major of the year, the Masters, which begins on 5 April.

"I want to be ready for Augusta," said four-time Masters champion Woods. "I have to do the right thing. Unfortunately there are times when I've played when I probably shouldn't have and it's cost me.
"I've done it before and played through not just pain, but injury and set myself back quite a bit. That's what I did last year and missed two major championships because of it.
"I did the smart thing and prudent thing this time, hence I'm back in a week."









19 March 2012
Last updated at 22:55
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/17440775
Share on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright UK Sport News 2013 - Some rights reserved.