Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Usain Bolt says London 2012 can make him a "living legend"

Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt wants to "amaze" the world at London 2012 by running 9.4 seconds for the 100m and 19 seconds for the 200m.


Jamaican Bolt, 25, is the reigning Olympic champion and world-record holder over both distances, with times of 9.58secs and 19.19secs.
"People are looking forward to me running 9.4, 19 seconds, anything that's amazing," Bolt told BBC Sport.

"So I'm working as hard as possible so I can go as fast as possible."
Talking on the BBC1 programme 100 Days To Go, Bolt added that more performances, such as the ones that saw him take three gold medals at the 2008 Olympics, would make him "a living legend".
"They want to see my personality, me enjoying it and doing crazy stuff, but they also want to see that time," he said.
"If I dominate the Olympics, I'll be a living legend. A living legend walking around. Sounds good."

American swimmer Michael Phelps, a 14-time Olympic champion, said he hoped London would be the perfect ending to a stellar career.
"Being able to prepare myself to look back through my career and say I've done everything I've wanted and I've been successful is something I really want to do," said the 26-year-old.

"This is the last chapter of my career as an athlete and I'm just hoping it goes the way I want. I'm trying to work as hard as I can to make sure it does."
Meanwhile, England footballer David Beckham, who hopes to be part of the GB side, expressed his pride at the possibility of competing in his home town.

"To see the transformation in east London, somewhere I was brought up as a kid, is really incredible.

"As a fan of the Olympics and as a dad, to be able to say that I am going to be able to take my sons and my daughter to an Olympic Games in the place where I grew up, I'm proud of that."

2012 Olympic Games: 100 Days to Go, BBC One, Wednesday 18 April, 2245 BST.
Four-time Olympic champion Michael Johnson previews the 2012 Olympics. With Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, British hopes David Beckham, Ben Ainslie and Tom Daley and filmmaker Danny Boyle, the artistic director of the opening ceremony.











17 April 2012
Last updated at 15:20
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17742236
Share on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright UK Sport News 2013 - Some rights reserved.